For those who know me reasonably well, you’ll know that every year I make a ridiculous list of 10 things I want to achieve in the next year and also mark how I did in the previous year. It’s a reflective process to make sure I do stuff and to motivate me throughout
the year january.
To start an assessment of 2015’s resolutions!
- Perform at least 36 stand up gigs – DONE
- Perform at least 4 storytelling gigs – DONE
- Write and perform a 1 hour storytelling/comedy/theatre show – DONE (it was 90 mins and a bit shit)
- Buy a car and drive to gigs – DONE
- Direct 2 x Edinburgh Comedy Shows (Mike & Alastair) – 50% Done
- Run a half marathon (this is in every year and fails epically every year on account of my knee being screwed so I can’t actually run more than a mile…but still, it’s a tradition) – No no no
- Go on a relaxing holiday abroad somewhere – DONE – Bruge!
- Have a shopping trip for the foodbank – Fail, but did donate to charity?
- Write 10 new comedy songs – Fail, I did 2 new ones.
- Record a musical comedy album and put it on sale to the derision and mirth of my peers and achieve huge sales in a song about a) fingering, b) pandas or c) willys. – DONE – I actually did this and put it online but noone bought anything so actually a fail.
And now to my 2016 resolutions!
- Finish a play and send to theatres and competitions
- Write and perform an hour long show
- Direct and edit 5 short semi-improvised films
- Write a solid 20 stand up set
- Go to Aberystwyth (this is because I’ve been watching Hinterland on BBC and I now want to go to Wales for some inexplicable reason – made even more odd by the fact that everyone in the series is a murderer)
- Together with the other members of The Pete Turton Experience, perform a gig.
- Write 5 new comedy songs (much reduced ambition).
- Continue to do my work podcast (aiming for 20 episodes) but aim to interview: Mark Watson, George Egg, Ben Folds, Will Adamsdale, Dan Bye and Chris Stokes. Listen to it by clicking here.
- Run a half marathon (this is in every year and fails epically every year on account of my knee being screwed so I can’t actually run more than a mile…but still, it’s a tradition… see, i even just copy and paste the same tired status now…)
- Visit the following people: Bren & Miri, Matt & Dom, Steve and Emily, Suz & Jamie, Dan and Emily, Paul and Fran (and anyone else who requests it!).